Represent Hutt Valley
Badminton Hutt Valley operates a representative programme for the following age groups
Senior, Masters, Vets and Super-Vets Teams
- Seniors (all adults) – Teams of 4 female and 4 male players (minimum) per team
- Masters- players must turn 35 years of age before 31st December in the year of competition. Teams of minimum 4 female and 4 male players will be selected per Masters team
- Veteran’s – players must turn 50 years of age before 31st December in the year of competition. Teams of a minimum of 3 female and 3 male players will be selected per Veteran’s team
- Super-Vets – players must turn 60 years of age before 31st December in the year of competition. Teams of a minimum of 3 female and 3 male players will be selected per Super-Vets team.
Trials are normally held in February/March each year. Games are played halls across the North Island over the period March to September each year.
Team selection will be based on, but not limited to, the criteria below:
- Attendance and performance at trials.
- Technical proficiency and development (e.g. level of skill, fitness, progress).
- Current form.
- Ability to contribute to and function within a team environment both on and off court.
- Commitment, attitude and professionalism both on and off the court.
- Performance in past representative teams as deemed relevant.
- Adherence to the rules of badminton, code of conduct and good sportsmanship.
- Any past, current or recurring injury or condition (physical or otherwise).
For information contact email@example.com