Court Booking Policy
Priority on the courts will be given in the following order:
- Badminton Hutt Valley (BHV) Events:
- Representative Ties
- School Holiday Programmes
- School Competitions
- Any other event organised or run by the Association
- BHV Representative Team training
- BHV affiliated Clubs
- BHV approved groups
- Private bookings organized through BHV.
- Casual bookings.
In any situation where a BHV event exceeds the time for which the courts are booked this will have priority on the courts in order to finish the event in progress.
For any private bookings organized through BHV they will have a short period of over-run time allowed but must vacate within 30 minutes of the initial booking period.
In either situation no charges will be made for cancelled or delayed casual bookings.
The following policy applies to formally designated and approved Clubs who book courts on a regular basis at the BHV facility
- The Club must abide by the times and conditions as agreed to with the Association. To permanently change these details a Club must apply in writing to the Committee at least one week prior to the change requested. If a Club has been issued with a club key tag, this Club card may only be used at designated club times, ie. the times that the club has requested according to the requirements above. The Committee, has the right to recall the card if it is misused.
- If a Club requires additional courts, for a special event, they must apply in writing to the Committee at least 5 days prior to the event.
- If a Club has an outstanding account of 60 days or over the Committee has the right to withdraw any courts booked for that Club until such time that the account is settled in full.
- Courts cancelled within 24 hours of the booking are charged to the Club
- BHV events take precedence over Club bookings. The clubs are to be advised at least 14 days in advance of a change to their permanent booking.
- It is the responsibility of the Club to ensure that all members observe the Rules of BHV and the BHV Facility. Failure to observe these rules may, at the discretion of the Committee, lead to the cancellation of the booking rights of the Club.
Key Tag Holder Bookings
- The terms and conditions pertaining to the use of the Key Tags are set out on the reverse of the court-hire application form which every applicant is required to sign. These can also be found on the BHV website.
- Key Tag holders may only book courts up to 14 days in advance.
- If a court booking is not used and is not removed the court charge will remain.
- Key Tag holders must observe the Rules of BHV and the BHV Facility. Failure to observe these rules may, at the discretion of the Committee; result in the account being made “in-active”.
- Casual users may have use of the facilities as long as staff or Officers of the Association are in attendance. Casual users of the facility must observe the Rules of BHV and the BHV Facility.
Coaches Court Booking
- Any coaches coaching at this facility must be approved by the Hutt Valley Badminton Association. They must hold a recognized coaching certificate that is on record with the Association.
- Each Key Tag may only book one court per hour unless coaching an official Hutt Valley Representative Team or Hutt Valley Squad as approved by the Committee.